Partner & Chair
- J.D., New York Law School, 1977
- M.S., The City College of New York, 1971
- B.S., Chemistry, The City College of New York, 1968
Location: New York City, NY
Joe is a New York partner at Reed Smith LLP and chairs the global Advertising Technology & Media Law practice. Joe has over 30 years of experience in legal and policy issues involving the application of technology to advertising, marketing, entertainment and media, financial services, publishing, travel‐related services and more. Joe’s experience includes behavioral advertising, social media, mobile marketing, online gaming and branded entertainment, online and in‐game product placement, promotions, including sweepstakes and contests, celebrity endorsements, privacy, security and data protection (including identity theft), digital payments (including PCI compliance), gift cards, loyalty rewards programs, user generated content, virtual worlds, buzz, word of mouth and viral marketing, procurement, systems development and integration, licensing, cloud computing, outsourcing and yes, even crowd sourcing.
- Author of The RFP Handbook: Guidelines and Standards for The Preparation and Issuance of Requests for Proposals, (Rothstein Associates; 1996)
- Author of Outsourcing Agreements Line by Line, (Aspartore Books; 2004).
- Numerous articles, interviews and speeches, published, pre-recorded broadcasts, webcasts and live television broadcasts.